Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!

As a kid, I didn't enjoy Halloween, all the scary decorations and costumes terrified me. Now that I'm a mom, I LOVE it!!! I love to see the excitement on Emma and Bodi's faces as they prepare for a night of Trick-or-Treating. Well, with all the illnesses being passed around, I was bound to catch something. Between Emma, Bodi, and Natalie, they passed around croup, Rotavirus, and bronchitis. I changed it up when I came down with strep throat on Thursday. This was devastating to me, especially since the Starrs, Ngoi, and Ngoi Ba made the trip from Dallas to spend not only Halloween with us, but to celebrate Bodi's birthday on Saturday. Since I was extremely contagious, I sent the kids over to Amy's to ensure they didn't catch it.


Everyone was kind enough to help Bryan with getting the kids ready and pitched in to ensure the Gist kids had a great night. I had been sick most of the week and I didn't have time to get the kids' costumes (yes, I am a procrastinator), so, Thuy brought some costumes down for me.


Emma was a cowgirl (riding a horse), Bodi was a duck, Natalie was a beautiful princess, Doug and Doug Jr. were Spongebob, Kenndi was a witch, and McKenzie was a female Ed McMahon.







Rewind to earlier that day.... Emma and Bodi absolutely love spending time with Amy and having Thuy there was especially special. Thuy and Amy kept the kids busy with activities until the sun went down. They carved pumpkins, decorated mini pumpkins, and made puppets.





I'm not sure how the party turned out later that night, but the treats looked good :)


No comments: